Monday 15 March 2010

A Cunning Plan!

When Dave first said to me 'Let's do the Transalpine Run, it's for injured ex-soldiers', my first thought was 'Blimey, we could win that!', but as reality dawned, I realised the entry list was full of professional mountain runners and he'd meant in aid of the seriously injured. Last place was looking a possibility, even with doing lots of 'training' and 'losing weight', whatever they are.

Then I came up with a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

We simply change the name of our pairing to Team Overall.

Thus when anyone asks how we did, we can reply, completely truthfully, that we were the first Team Overall. As long as we make no effort to correct the misapprehension, we should be left bathing in the warm glow of the admiration of others, without having to break sweat.

I am, like Michael Foot, a leg end in my own lifetime. You'll need a tray...

The other A-H

1 comment:

  1. Took me a while, but I found you!!

    :o)

    Mx

    ReplyDelete