Thursday 14 January 2010

Snow point moaning about it

Apparently there's snow in the Alps, even in September. Why didn't Crashie tell me this before I entered the run. Still it will only be on the tops of the hills so that will be OK; the slopes leading up will be lush green, flower covered meadows. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a singing nun or two.

Today will be spent running in the melting snow, and trying to avoid hypothermia.

On a side issue, music and running. I don't use an mp3 player whilst running, but I do have an internal music track playing as I run. Some songs are welcome earworms, and some are distinctly unhelpful. My least favourite during a long slow run is "I don't like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats; closely followed by "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks. Which is why running with the Hamster is so entertaining. Over the coming months we'll be developing a playlist to take to Germany to entertain our fellow competitors with; bet they can't wait for that.

Cake or Death anyone?

Atomic Hamster

1 comment:

  1. So, I shall make another attempt to post a comment about Googling 'rent-a-nun' for you. Or were you hoping for Squish, Dis, Mrs GOM and I in fancy dress. :o)

    ReplyDelete