Monday 22 February 2010

Run for your Lives

It's amazing how much training is underestimated; I speak from experience. Yesterday I ran a 6 mile cross-country race, 4th time in 4 years, and it was the 1st time that I've actually done any serious training before the event. Strangely enough I managed a PB (that's a Personal Best time for the race for any lurkers who don't follow 'running speak'). I wasn't overly surprised that I PB'd, but it's reassuring to know that all the training isn't going to waste. And the downhill training proved a real bonus during yesterday's race as I 'flew' past loads of runners in the final mile; now that was satisfying :)

Today I heard the hills calling, and they were saying 'nutter, hills don't speak', but I ignored their taunts and enjoyed a post-race 45 min hill-session.

In other news, apparently Immauel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable.

Barry Mann, another great, but understated philosopher; I've often mulled over his questions of life, the universe and everything; such as Who put the bomp in the bomp,bah, bomp, bah, bomp? or Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong? and if I ever found that person, would I too wish to shake his hand?

We were Wolves, we were young, we were crazy,

Atomic Hamster

No comments:

Post a Comment